Courtesy of Dr. Phil McGraw
Have you ever wanted to learn more about who you are, perhaps understand your personality better?
Dr. Phil gave this test to Oprah she got a 38. I’m sure you know the value of understanding your personality and who you are, as some people pay a lot of money to find this stuff out. Read on, this is very interesting! Don’t be overly sensitive as it is designed to uncover your true personality. The following is pretty accurate and it only takes two minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to your friends and let them know who you are.
Don’t peek but begin the test as you scroll down and answer. Answers are for who you are now…… not who you were in the past.
Have pen or pencil and paper ready. This is a real test given by the Human Relations Departments of many of the major corporations today. It helps them get better insight concerning their employees and prospective employees.
It’s only 10 simple questions, so…… grab a pencil and paper, keeping track of your letter answers.
Are you ready to take the assessment?
1. When do you feel your best?
- a) in the morning
- b) during the afternoon & and early evening
- c) late at night
2. You usually walk…
- a) fairly fast, with long steps
- b) fairly fast, with little steps
- c) less fast head up, looking the world in the face
- d) less fast, head down
- e) very slowly
3. When talking to people you…
- a) stand with your arms folded
- b) have your hands clasped
- c) have one or both your hands on your hips
- d) touch or push the person to whom you are talking
- e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or smooth your hair
- 4. When relaxing, you sit with…
- a) your knees bent with your legs neatly side by side
- b) your legs crossed
- c) your legs stretched out or straight
- d) one leg curled under you
5. When something really amuses you, you react with…
- a) a big, appreciative laugh
- b) a laugh, but not a loud one
- c) a quiet chuckle
- d) a sheepish smile
6. When you go to a party or social gathering you…
- a) make a loud entrance so everyone notices you
- b) make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
- c) make the quietest entrance, trying to stay unnoticed
- 7. You’re working very hard, concentrating hard, and you’re interrupted, do you…
- a) welcome the break
- b) feel extremely irritated
- c) vary between these two extremes
8. Which of the following colours do you like most?
- a) Red or orange
- b) black
- c) yellow or light blue
- d) green
- e) dark blue or purple
- f) white
- g) brown or gray
9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to sleep, you lie…
- a) stretched out on your back
- b) stretched out face down on your stomach
- c) on your side, slightly curled
- d) with your head on one arm
- e) with your head under the covers
10. You often dream that you are…
- a) falling
- b) fighting or struggling
- c) searching for something or somebody
- d) flying or floating
- e) you usually have dreamless sleep
- f) your dreams are always pleasant
1. (a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 6
2. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 7 (d) 2 (e) 1
3. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 7 (e) 6
4. (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 1
5. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 2
6. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2
7. (a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 4
8. (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 4 (e) 3 (f) 2 (g) 1
9. (a) 7 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 2 (e) 1
10. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 6 (f) 1
Now add up the total number of points.
OVER 60 POINTS: What’s your personality? Others see you as someone they should “handle with care”. You’re seen as vain, self-entered, and who is extremely dominant. Others may admire you, wishing they could be more like you, but don’t always trust you, hesitating to become too deeply involved with you. Learn to improve how other people see you – perhaps consider enriching aspects of your personality.
51 TO 60 POINTS: What’s your personality? Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who’s quick to make decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate. Learn to improve your decision making and increase your opportunities for leading an adventurous life – perhaps consider enriching your mindset.
41 TO 50 POINTS: What’s your personality? Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who’s constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who’ll always cheer them up and help them out. Learn to take your life even further and enriching your mind.
31 TO 40 POINTS: What’s your personality? Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who’s extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over it if that trust is ever broken. Learn how to get over hurts in the past.
21 TO 30 POINTS: What’s your personality? Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy. They see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment, expecting you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then, usually decide against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your careful nature. Discover how to be more adventurous and create a greater level of excitement in your life.
UNDER 21 POINTS: What’s your personality? People think you are shy, nervous, and indecisive, someone who needs looking after, who always wants someone else to make the decisions & who doesn’t want to get involved with anyone or anything. They see you as a worrier who always sees problems that don’t exist. Some people think you’re boring. Only those who know you well know that you aren’t. Remove your worries and learn to live a more decisive life.
Learn how to get the Leadership Edge; get free tickets here!